Morning Glory Kitchen Attendant
Catholic Charities’ Morning Glory Breakfast Program serves breakfast seven days a week out of the Dorothy Day Hospitality House, to the homeless and financially disadvantaged of the Danbury area. Morning Glory serves, on average, 80 individuals a day and provides a safe environment for individuals to have a warm meal, meet with providers, and get other basic needs met.
Catholic Charities is looking to hire a Kitchen Attendant to assist with the running of Morning Glory. The duties include:
- Working at the kitchen five days a week,
- Preparing meals on site,
- Assisting with program set-up and clean-up.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The job’s incumbent(s) are responsible for performing other business-related duties as assigned by management.
The position is part-time, 15 hours/week spread out over five days (6:15AM to 9:15AM, Sunday through Thursday).
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS:
- The ability to lift 25 lbs
- Kitchen experience preferred
- Food Service training and certification preferred
- Spanish speaking/bi-lingual preferred
Those interested in applying should mail, email or fax a resume to:
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fundraising Manager (Part-time, contract position) – Catholic Charities of Fairfield County
Reporting to the Regional Director, this critical new role will assists with grant writing, development planning and implementation of strategic fundraising goals. This position is a part-time independent contractor. The role is critical to the success of the expansion of donor engagement in supporting efforts to those in need around Northern Fairfield County and Stamford.
- At least two years of non-profit fundraising/development experience preferred
- Excellent written communication, research and organizational skills
- Experience writing foundation and corporate grants preferred
- Experience handling communications for the purposes of cultivating and soliciting individuals, foundations, or corporate support
- Experience working with advisory/fundraising committees/boards
- Computer proficiency; experience with (Raiser’s Edge)fundraising or other databases
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Michele Conderino, Regional Director at MConderino@ccfc-ct.org
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Development Associate (part-time)
Catholic Charities of Fairfield County Catholic Charities of Fairfield County, Inc. – Bridgeport, CT
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate will support the overall fundraising goals of Catholic Charities to increase philanthropic support in Fairfield County; proactively manage donor database, produce timely donor acknowledgement and recognition letters; interface regularly with internal departments, agency programs and external audiences; support and implement CCFC messaging via direct mail, internet and social media platforms; maximize and support CCFC’s overall grants program, prospect research, and planned giving initiatives.
Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience; 3-5 years fundraising experience; proficiency with Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office.
Job Type: Part-time, Non Exempt
Email resume and cover letter to: Bob Donahue, Director of Development – email@example.com
Exciting part-time position at a recovery-based, consumer-driven, psychosocial rehabilitation program in Danbury. Program offers curriculum-based skills teaching, support and social activities for adults with mental illness.
Ideal candidate has ability to facilitate skill building classes and social rehabilitation activities, complete necessary program documents and be able to actively engage clients in program activities. High School diploma or equivalent and one year of prior related experience working in mental health required. Recovery Support Specialist certification welcomed but not required.
Qualified applicants: Mail resume to: Heather Ely, 24 Grassy Plain Street, Bethel, CT 06801; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: 203-796-0046
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Maintenance Worker-New Covenant Center, Stamford, CT (Full-Time)
The New Covenant Center of Catholic Charities is looking for a Maintenance Worker to work full time, Monday – Friday (10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.).
This position is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, cleanliness, and appearance of the facility to be met or exceeded in offices, restrooms, exterior areas, kitchen, public areas, café, reception area, hallways, etc.
- Performs cleaning activities such as dusting, sweeping, mopping, running dishwashing station etc.;
- Supports the kitchen staff in food preparation and clean-up and fosters a pleasant, team-approach atmosphere;
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Physical stamina and dexterity;
- Has an interest in working in a soup kitchen environment with a diverse population, with varied needs. Must have empathy for the needs of those less fortunate;
- High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum 6 months prior related experience;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Send cover letter with résumé to: BLopez@ccfc-ct.org Please include in subject heading FT MAINTENANCE WORKER
Morning Glory Breakfast Program Assistant – Danbury, CT (Part-Time)
Catholic Charities is seeking a Part-Time Program Assistant to conduct on-site program management of the “Morning Glory Breakfast Program”, which feeds the hungry and homeless of the Danbury area. Required hours are 23 per week (for a 5 day week, including weekends).
In addition, the Program Assistant will conduct grocery shopping, pick up donations, and manage the twice-a-month pantry.
A valid driver’s license and ability to lift 25 lbs is required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
Resume should be sent to Michele Conderino at: email@example.com