Catholic Charities of Fairfield County is seeking an experienced individual to fill a Part-time Case Manager position in its Danbury, CT permanent supportive housing program. Qualified candidates will be responsible to implement CCFC’s strategic mission through the core function of person-centered client support which will include but be not limited to: assessment, goal planning, service referral, housing coordination, and advocacy. Applicants must have a Bachelors Degree in Human Services or related field and relevant work experience. Experience in work with chronically homeless individuals having disabilities, extensive criminal histories, substance abuse and co-occurring disorders is preferred. Advanced communication and problem-solving skills, valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, proof of current registration and insurance, experience in data management and reporting required. Candidates should have some knowledge of permanent supportive housing policies/procedures and federal regulations. Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Deborah L. Smith at email@example.com.
PROGRAM ASSISTANT- IMMIGRATION SERVICES OFFICE
Catholic Charities Immigration Services (CCIS) provides high quality immigration legal services to low income immigrants and their families and engages in public education, training and community outreach in order to promote justice for all newcomers and conditions for their full participation in American society.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
– Provide technical assistance to immigrants and their families on various applications for naturalization, family reunification, adjustment of status and the applications for the pending expansion of Executive Action benefits.
– Ensure day to day operations through scheduling, client Intake and initial case priority assessment.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support -including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying, collection of services fees, deposits with accounting and record keeping for statistical analysis, etc.
- Become familiar with federal immigration policy and laws.
– Effectively represent Catholic Charities at community functions and at other events as requested or needed – presenting on immigration law and benefits available.
- Grad or Undergrad Human Services/Social Work or related field.
- Experience with low-income and culturally diverse populations.
- Bi-Lingual oral and written skills in Spanish/English required – Possess Excellent and effective writing skills, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Computer skills and ability to complete paperwork efficiently.
– Demonstrate commitment to Catholic Social Teachings on Immigration and our agency’s Mission Statement.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer.
Morning Glory Kitchen Attendant
Catholic Charities’ Morning Glory Breakfast Program serves breakfast seven days a week, out of Dorothy Day Hospitality House, to the homeless and financially disadvantaged of the Danbury area. Morning Glory serves, on average, 100 individuals a day and provides a warm safe environment for individuals to have a warm meal, meet with providers, and have other basic needs met.
We are looking to hire a part-time Kitchen Attendant. The person is required to work Sunday through Thursday, from 6:15 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. daily, to assist with the running of the breakfast program.
Primary duties include:
- Working at the kitchen five days per week (Sunday through Thursday);
- Preparing meals on site;
- Assisting with program set-up, clean-up and other miscellaneous tasks as request by the supervisor.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- The ability to lift 25 lbs
- Bi-lingual/Spanish-speaking required
- Valid Driver License Required
- Kitchen experience preferred
- Food Service training and certification preferred
- Must successfully pass background check
Those interested in applying should mail, email or fax a resume to:
15 Spring Street
Danbury, CT 06810
Fax: (203) 796-0046
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New Covenant Center Weekend & Holiday Cook
The Weekend and Holiday Cook is responsible for the weekend and holiday operation of the New Covenant Center kitchen and Café.
• Preparing and/or directing the preparation of meals to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures
• Orientates and supports the kitchen and serving volunteers in food preparation, clean-up and fosters a pleasant, team-approach atmosphere
• Must possess or obtain a Connecticut Food Safety Certificate
Send Resume and cover letter to: Betsy Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org.