Morning Glory Kitchen Attendant
Catholic Charities’ Morning Glory Breakfast Program serves breakfast seven days a week, out of Dorothy Day Hospitality House, to the homeless and financially disadvantaged of the Danbury area. Morning Glory serves, on average, 100 individuals a day and provides a warm safe environment for individuals to have a warm meal, meet with providers, and have other basic needs met.
We are looking to hire a part-time Kitchen Attendant. The person is required to work Sunday through Thursday, from 6:15 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. daily, to assist with the running of the breakfast program.
Primary duties include:
- Working at the kitchen five days per week (Sunday through Thursday);
- Preparing meals on site;
- Assisting with program set-up, clean-up and other miscellaneous tasks as request by the supervisor.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- The ability to lift 25 lbs
- Bi-lingual/Spanish-speaking required
- Valid Driver License Required
- Kitchen experience preferred
- Food Service training and certification preferred
- Must successfully pass background check
Those interested in applying should mail, email or fax a resume to:
15 Spring Street
Danbury, CT 06810
Fax: (203) 796-0046
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New Covenant Center Weekend & Holiday Cook
The Weekend and Holiday Cook is responsible for the weekend and holiday operation of the New Covenant Center kitchen and Café.
• Preparing and/or directing the preparation of meals to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures
• Orientates and supports the kitchen and serving volunteers in food preparation, clean-up and fosters a pleasant, team-approach atmosphere
• Must possess or obtain a Connecticut Food Safety Certificate
Send Resume and cover letter to: Betsy Lopez at email@example.com.